Movie Quote: "Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place." -John Bender, The Breakfast Club

Thursday, November 26, 2009

New Moon has arrived!



Well, my anticipation has finally been quelled. I went to see New Moon last weekend and, let’s just say, it’s lived up to my expectations. Clearly the film was not the work of Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke, but that of Chris Weitz. The movie shifted from a cozy, somewhat homemade flick to a big-budget blockbuster of a film. The special effects have improved drastically and the sequel has an overall more professional aesthetic. However, the movie did retain its alternative rock-infused soundtrack featuring Muse and The Killers. Fans of the novel will not be disappointed; Weitz adhered to the novel fairly well. Although some minor details of the book were sacrificed for time, the film illustrates every major event of the novel explicitly. Even the new actors, comprising of the ‘wolf pack’ and ‘Volturi’ vampires, precisely depict the characters in the series. And if you were a fan of the commentary on the Twilight DVD (like I am; I highly recommend watching it) then you will be excited to know that Weitz plans to record a commentary for New Moon with Rob Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, and Taylor Lautner. Ultimately the film was a success as evidenced by the $142.8 million earned during its opening weekend, and ultimately I cannot wait for the release of Eclipse on June 30th, 2010.

7 comments:

  1. Your mission is to get a MLIA story posted about this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is there a dead pakistani on my couch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green is a better colour that llama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you! <3
    You can thank Mystery Google for my random love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU MYSTERY GOOGLE (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking of seeing this, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete